YEAH! Church - Sunday, November 28, 2021
"Heroes of the Bible” – Cyrus the Great allowed the Israelites to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple, but it took three groups of people, under three leaders almost 100 years to completely rebuild the city.
Today’s Lesson - “Zerubbabel, Ezra & Nehemiah - Rebuilders”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mHeaHjWlI (Pastor Landon – Ezra – for adults and older children)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJokkRQ1eBk (Pastor Landon – Nehemiah – for adults and older children)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlXqTBIys7s (Lifekids – Nehemiah)
Today’s Hero – Zerubbabel, Ezra & Nehemiah (Ezra & Nehemiah)
• Zerubbabel – Zerubbabel was the first leader that took a group of people back to Jerusalem; under his leadership they rebuilt the Temple
• Ezra – Ezra was a priest who helped the people better understand how to obey God’s Laws
• Nehemiah – Nehemiah helped the people rebuild the city walls and he brought about some needed reforms, so that others would treat each other in a way that pleased God
Not everyone was happy to see the city being rebuilt…many enemies tried to stop these leaders. But they all trusted God and He helped them succeed.
When Zerubbabel and the people returned to Jerusalem, they found a big mess and it took a long time to finish rebuilding the Temple. With such a large job, how do you think they managed to keep motivated?
• Ezra saw that the people needed to be taught God’s Laws. Why do you think this was so important?
• By Nehemiah’s time, the walls of the city were still not rebuilt. Why was it important to have good walls around a city?
Ezra 13:14, NLT – “Remember this good deed, O my God, and do not forget all that I have faithfully done for the Temple of my God and its services.”
Prayer – Dear God, thank for the examples of these brave men who faithfully served you. Help me obey you, too, no matter how others might try to discourage me.
~ Pastor Jane
In addition to being a church minister, Pastor Jane is also a trained teacher and has many years of experience working with children in churches, camps, daycares and schools. Parents' Corner is provided to give parents and caregivers support especially as pertains to mental health and related topics.
Follow us on Facebook for more content!