In lieu of providing regular devotionals over the next couple of weeks, I would like to encourage you to read through a book of the Bible, if you are not already following a Bible reading devotional. Here are some tips to grow your relationship with God through Bible reading...
1) choose a book of the Bible to read through over the next couple of weeks
2) before you read, pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand the passage
3) after reading, recall the main points
4) answer the question, "How can I apply these to my life today?"
5) set a goal based on your answer
6) ask God to help you achieve your goal
7) choose a key verse(s) from the book to memorize over the next couple of weeks
For further study, discover what others have learned from the passage (check out a commentary and discuss it with a friend).
I hope you will pick up the challenge and let the Holy Spirit speak to you through God's Word...He'll be waiting for you!
First licensed for pastoral ministry in 1994, Pastor Jane Peck has served in camp and church ministries in three denominations, five provinces and in a variety of roles. Her most recent position is that of Pastor at Hope Chapel which she began in 2020. She is excited to see what God can and will do in the days to come!