Big Concept: Know what is in your heart and live it out well.
Be more concerned with the inside than the out. So if you have wisdom inside of you than you should live that out with a humble and good life. But if your heart is full of bad things and mean spiritedness than you should admit it and not be arrogant about it or lie about it.
1. Why is it easier to pretend than to change and grow?
2. How is this good life and humility different from what the world values?
3. What would happen if we admitted to each other the bad stuff in our hearts?
4. What are “envy” and “selfish ambition”?
5. Why are those to singled out as the foundation for bad actions?
Prayer of the week:
God, we give You praise right now for everything that You give us and how gracious You are to Your kids. Would you place on our hearts and minds an understanding of Your ways for us to daily walk in. Thank you, God.
Activity: Prayer walk. Make a simple prayer for each kid. “God bless these people” for example. And ask them to say it out loud for each house they go by. Go for a walk around the neighbourhood.
In addition to being a church minister, Pastor Jane is also a trained teacher and has many years of experience working with children in churches, camps, daycares and schools. Parents' Corner is provided to give parents and caregivers support especially as pertains to mental health and related topics.
Follow us on Facebook for more content!