Big Concept: What we do makes our Faith whole.
We see the examples of Abraham (who is one of the fathers of our faith) and Rahab (who was a foreign person living an unrighteous life) whose faith was shown true by their actions. Both are great examples of faith due to a small understanding of who God was at the time and the possibility of great personal cost for acting in faith. Both would have been unknown and considered unfaithful if they had not acted as they did.
1. Would you be ready for such a big show of faith if it was asked of you?
2. Why were Abraham and Rahab different from their peers?
3. Why do we prioritize either faith or actions over each other?
4. What are other examples of faithful people - In the bible or in your life?
5. Is it possible to have actions without faith? What would that mean?
Prayer of the week:
God, we give You praise right now for everything that You give us and how gracious You are to Your kids. Would you place on our hearts and minds an understanding of Your ways for us to daily walk in. Thank you, God.
Activity: Let them draw a picture, then cut out the pieces and reassemble it.
In addition to being a church minister, Pastor Jane is also a trained teacher and has many years of experience working with children in churches, camps, daycares and schools. Parents' Corner is provided to give parents and caregivers support especially as pertains to mental health and related topics.
Follow us on Facebook for more content!